I’m trying to study for my Psychology course and I need some help to understand this question.
In a few sentences, please respond to each of the following questions. Up to 10 points can be earned for a completed assignment, with partial credit available for incomplete responses.
- Define the terms sensation, perception and transduction
- Explain how our visual stimulus works including the anatomy of the eye and role that rods and cones play for vision
- Explain how color vision works and what the causes of color blindness are
- Explain how our auditory stimulus works including the anatomy of the ear and the role that the cochlea plays in hearing
- Explain the biology of somatosenses including the various body senses and the role that the sensory receptors play
- Explain the biology of the chemical senses (olfaction and gustation) including the anatomy of the tongue, the nose and the sensory receptor cells and sensations for these senses
- Explain the individual differences in perceptions when it comes to the chemical senses
- Identify and describe the five principles of perception