I need an explanation for this Management question to help me study.
Structure of the project
This project aims to study the strategic management of your selected company ‘X’. It includes three main parts:
– Part 1: Assignment 1= Environmental scanning & strategy formulation.
– Part 2: Assignment 2= Strategy implementation.
– Part 3: Assignment 3= Evaluation and control.
Description of the company ‘X’
– It is a company from your choice;
– From real national or international market;
– It is publicly traded company;
– Produces and commercializes more than one product;
– Sufficient information about the strategies of the company, its functions, structures and product lines are available;
– This company should have at least one partnership with other company (es) (alliances, joint venture, arrangement…).
1. Briefly present your selected company (name, industry, nationality, location, size, activities, products…) (Max 200 words). (0.5 mark)
2. Determine the opportunities, threats, strengths and weaknesses of your selected company by completing the SWOT matrix in the answer sheet. (1 mark)
3. Does your selected company have social responsibility? If yes, discuss its impact on competitive advantage of the corporation. (Max 400 words) (1 mark)
4. Based on the figure 4.3 (Ch4-slide no 18) and the textbook text relative to Porter’s Five forces of competition framework, assess the power of the buyers, suppliers and substitutes of your chosen company. How formidable are the barriers to entry and how intense is the rivalry among existing firms? ( 2 marks)
5. What is the competitive strategy used by your selected company? Justify. (0.5 mark)