influence of patients’ socioeconomic status on clinical management decisions: A qualitative study.
Having a safe and appropriate organizational culture involves developing employees understanding of how the patient population characteristics can influence clinical decision-making.
As a hospital administrator, you hear some complaints and want to investigate whether the problem of stereotyping exists at your facility.
- How will you conduct the investigation? What will you do if the problem does exist at your facility?
Recently staff has been complaining about abusive physician behavior. A process introduced to deal with abusive physician behavior alienates some doctors. As a direct result of the staff complaints, one of every three doctors threatens to leave the hospital.
Recommend a system for addressing the grievances along with a long-term solution focused on the interpersonal conflict.
Use the case study form to complete this discussion
- Definition of the problem.
- Identification of the stakeholders.
- Identification and evaluation of alternative solutions.
- Solution chosen and its justification