I don’t understand this Sociology question and need help to study.
Use the attached file as a source for assignment 1. The third assignment is also in the attached folder and is at the bottom. It has ten questions that need to be answered using the readings.
Assignment 1 Analysis Argument
The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate your knowledge of the concepts of syncretism, animism, magic, and panentheism that we have learned in this module. As part of this assignment you will research a syncretic religion and write about how, in that particular religious practice, animism, magic and panentheism are at play and how these practices illustrate the elements of religion that we studied in Module 3 (Skyepack).
- Make sure that you understand the concepts of syncretism, animism, magic, and panentheism from your readings and media content, and that you’re able to link these concepts to the elements of culture described in Module 3 (Skyepack).
- Do your own library/online research on the syncretic religious practice of your choosing, which should include at least 3 sources of information. One of these 3 sources should be an academic or scholarly source, that is, a source that has been peer-reviewed and published in an academic publication. Here (Links to an external site.) are indications on how to determine whether a resource is academic.
- Find media content (film, TV show, memes, etc.) that represent one of these concepts and include it in your paper, describing what is the concept that you’re illustrating. This doesn’t need to be an entire analysis like the one you carried out in your last assignment–a paragraph or two will suffice.
- Identify and apply the concepts of animism, panentheism, syncretism and magic.
- Analyze the elements of religion and demonstrate how they present themselves in religions of the world.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of and appreciation for cultures and societies of the world.
The following are specific guidelines in regard to the paper:
Specifics of your Paper
- 500 words minimum
- Typed in Times New Roman or Arial, 12 pt font, double spaced
- At least 3 research sources need to be used, one of these sources need to be academic.
- Include a References Cited page
- This is an academic paper that should be written in a narrative style—no bullet points.
- Need in-text citations whenever quoting research sources.
- Need to address all concepts enumerated in the description.
- Make sure to have an introduction with a clear thesis statement (Links to an external site.)
- Proof-read paper for grammatical/syntax errors.
- MLA or APA format.
Assignment 2 Belief System Proposal
For this assignment I would like you to first explore possible belief systems. The Quad provides a study starter for world religions, and I want you to take a close look at it. Go through each of the belief systems and determine which one you would be most interested in studying further:
Write a 500 word proposal, double spaced that explains what belief system you will research, why you are using this specific belief system, and what sources you will use. Delineate an outline to discuss the origins and development of this belief system, who are its practitioners, what issues the belief system faces, and how it fits into this class.
Sources: You need to provide at least five sources, three of which must be academic, that is, research on belief systems written in books or in peer reviewed journal articles. This is library work and you must make sure to go to our library. Length: 500 words (minimum).
Answer the ten multiple choice questions after reading the attached file.