I don’t know how to handle this Psychology question and need guidance.
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Chapter 5: Research Methods and Statistics in the course textbook and the articles Implementation of Statistics in Business and Industry (Links to an external site.) and Choosing to Focus on Research as a Psychologist (Links to an external site.). Also, review the American Statistical Association’s Ethical Guidelines for Statistical Practice (Links to an external site.).
For your initial post,
- Identify an organization in your location (Centerstone or Meridian Health Care) that complements the knowledge and skills you have developed during your program. (May be hypothetical.)
- Identify a leadership role (Case Manager in health care facility) that you would enjoy having within this organization. If you are not interested in a career, identify something that you think would be rewarding if you were advancing your career.
- Identify the following in association with this organization and position:
- Research question: What is happening in the organization that could be researched?
- Hypothesis: State why you believe it is happening.
- What dependent variables/factors do you believe may be affecting your chosen scenario (i.e., age, workload, work shift, ineffective communications)?
- What type of factor did you identify (i.e., nominal, ordinal, interval, or ratio)?
- Are there any potential extraneous variables? Why or why not. If so please list two to three.
- Method: What method would best reflect an accurate analysis of the situation (e.g., quasi-experimental or phenomenology, etc.)? Include your rationale.
- Lastly, discuss how an understanding of the basics of research and statistics can help a person in decision making, whether in an organization, or even in a social situation.
Discussion posts should equate to approximately 350 to 400 words.
TURNITIN SCORE MUST BE AT OR BELOW 20%.
Resources that can help below:
Harper, Y., Rosser-Majors, M., Anderson, S. L., Brewer, S., Kirwan, J., Lozano, Y. M., & Vincent, P. (2020). Psychology applied: Diverse domains, ample opportunity. Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu
Abraham, B. (2007). Implementation of statistics in business and industry (Links to an external site.). Revista Colombiana de Estadística, 30(1), 1–11. Retrieved from www.kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/EMIS/journals/RCE/V30/V30…
- This article discusses the application of statistics in business organizations and will assist you with your Applying Research Techniques discussion this week.
American Statistical Association. (n.d.). Ethical guidelines for statistical practice (Links to an external site.). Retrieved from https://www.amstat.org/ASA/Your-Career/Ethical-Gui…
- The web page offers informational guidelines for the application of statistical practices and will assist you in your Applying Research Techniques discussion.