You have recently been hired as the new Director of the Tourism Bureau for Myrtle Beach, SC. As part of your role, you are responsible for working with the city planning and management team to bring new tourism businesses to the community and consult on the infrastructure needed to support new tourism growth.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Analyze the current state of the hospitality and tourism industry in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. This analysis should include:
- Total number of restaurants and a breakdown of the various types,
- Total number of hotels including supply and annual occupancy,
- The annual number of tourists, and
- Airport traffic – arrivals and departures.
- Provide a high-level overview of the Myrtle Beach infrastructure that supports the hospitality and tourism industry (roads, bridges, and utilities).
- Recommend a plan to increase the hospitality and tourism industry over the next 10 years. Include the following elements:
- The predicted amount of growth for the industry in 5-year and 10-year increments,
- The strategy you would take to ensure that the appropriate number of resources will be available to accommodate the growth, and
- Proposed workforce and workforce training/development that will be needed to meet the growth in the industry.
- Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources