I’m studying and need help with a Law question to help me learn.
For this Assignment, create a narrated PowerPoint presentation about the crime trends in your state. In a minimum of 15 PowerPoint slides (excluding the cover and references slides), addresses the following items:
- Your state’s homicide numbers from the UCR (which will include not only homicide but non negligent manslaughter) from 1990-2015 (past 25 years)
- The rates for those years
- Are the rates going up or down? That is, what are the trends?
- How does your state’s rate compare with the national rate?
- What are the causes/patterns of homicide in your state?
- Use the slide notes section in the presentation to include information that follows your narration, being sure to follow the conventions of Standard English.
- Slide content should include brief points that identify the areas that will be addressed in the narration.
- In-text citations should be included with any brief points that were researched from outside sources and the narration should fully explain the points
- Cite all sources on a separate reference slide at the end of the PowerPoint and reference each source in the body of the presentation using APA format.
- Identify the source of any pictures you use, being sure to cite them correctly in APA style using in-text citations.
- Maintain a persuasive tone by summarizing observations and evaluations for each slide.
- Ensure that your presentation is highly ordered, logical, and unified.
- Words should be clearly enunciated and professional tone should be sustained throughout the presentation narration.
- Audio recording should be free of background noise and interruptions.
For additional help with APA, visit the Purdue Global Writing Center.