I need an explanation for this Psychology question to help me study.
Your behaviors and attitudes, both inside and outside of the workplace, are colored by your moods and emotions. This week, you are required to write an academic research paper to describe the influence of mood and emotions in the workplace. Be sure to address the following items in your research paper:
- What is the difference between moods, emotions, affect, dispositional traits, and attitudes?
- What theory is used to describe the role of moods and emotions in the workplace? What research has been conducted to test this theory?
- Why is it important to study the effect of moods and emotions in the workplace? What important organizational outcomes are influenced by employee affect? For example, how is affect linked to work motivation and attitudes?
- How are moods and emotions measured?
- What are emotion regulation and emotional labor? What are the consequences of emotional labor?
- What are some key directions/challenges for future research studying the role of mood and emotions in the workplace?
- What best practices can be applied in organizations to enhance employees’ positive affect or reduce the influence of negative affect?
Support your paper with at least five research articles published in peer-reviewed journals in the past 7 years.
Length: 5-7 pages
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.