I’m studying for my Business class and need an explanation.
Boston Consulting Group
– 25 pts
– from Blasick, James, posted 02/22/2020 08:30 PM CST, updated 02/22/2020 08:36 PM CST
1) Review the Boston Consulting Group (BCG) growth-share matrix (pp. 132-134).
2) Go to the BCG website and enter their Interactive Case Library at:
3) Choose and complete either the Airline Case or the Drug Case. Both cases take about the same about of time (less than an hour) and both require some calculations. If you go off track, both cases will provide hints to bring you back in line.
At the end of the case, you will receive overall feedback as well as specific feedback on:
- business judgment,
- rigor, and
The feedback will also include a graphic showing how your results compare with the average and with the 90th percentile.
4) Respond to the discussion question with a minimum of 250 words and 2 scholarly sources by Wednesday, at 11:59 pm CST.
5) Reply to the initial posts of two classmates who completed the same case you did. Each reply should be a minimum of 75 words and are due by Sunday, at 11:59 pm CST.
Here’s the discussion question:
A) Copy and paste your overall feedback, as well as the specific feedback for business judgment, structuring, rigor, and synthesis. Be sure to label each. This will be several paragraphs and will not be included in the word count.
B) Discuss your experience with the exercise, your impressions of BCG, and the connections, if any, that you saw with this class.
C) Conclude with a sentence or two about whether I should use this exercise in future classes or write it off as a failed experiment. Be honest.