I need an explanation for this Psychology question to help me study.
It is essential for school counselors to apply developmentally appropriate approaches to P–12 college and career counseling. For this assignment, you will analyze three schools and develop three developmentally appropriate lesson plans—elementary, middle, and high school—designed to promote college and career readiness for all students in the Blooming Park activity.
Before beginning this assignment, review the scoring guide and resources to ensure that you meet all requirements. You will use the Blooming Park: College and Career Readiness activity (linked in Resources) for the information you will need for this assignment. Refer to additional helpful links in Resources as you complete the assignment.
Part 1: Role of the School Counselor in Promoting College and Career Readiness
- Briefly introduce the role of the school counselor as it relates to college and career readiness.
- Identify and describe developmentally appropriate P–12 career interventions and assessments that may be used in school counseling.
- Describe how college and career readiness lesson plans can increase promotion and graduation rates and promote equity in student achievement and college access.
Part 2: Determining College and Career Readiness Needs
- For each school level (Max Aasen Elementary, Madison Middle, and Sylvia Plath High), briefly summarize the Blooming Park school data and previous needs assessment results (one page).
- Identify appropriate interventions that would support college and career readiness for each school.
- Based on available demographics and other data, advocate for a college and career readiness program that would promote equity in college access and career readiness.
Part 3: Designing and Delivering Career Lessons
- Locate or create three developmentally appropriate career counseling lesson plans that would specifically promote college and career readiness—one for each school in the Blooming Park scenario.
- Be sure to apply your knowledge of comprehensive career development theory, models, or frameworks that you addressed in the first assignment.
- Each lesson plan must be formatted using the ASCA Lesson Plan Template (linked in Resources) and include all required information including the ASCA Mindset and Behavior (domain/standard), learning objectives, and plan for evaluation.
- Please note that lesson plans must follow the exact format of the ASCA Lesson Plan Template and all sections of the template must be completed. If you use a lesson plan that is not written using the ASCA Lesson Plan Template format, adapt the lesson as needed, complete the ASCA Lesson Plan Template, and include a reference. For each of the grade levels/scenarios, describe developmentally appropriate strategies for classroom management and differentiated instruction for students with varying ability levels.
- For each of the grade levels/scenarios, describe developmentally appropriate strategies for classroom management and differentiated instruction for students with varying ability levels.
- ASCA Lesson Plan Formatting: Each lesson plan must follow the ASCA Lesson Plan Template.
- Written communication: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with the expectations for members of professional communities. Please ensure that your written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA format: Resources and citations should follow current APA style and formatting.
- Length of assignment: No minimum or maximum.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 points.