Consider a phenotypic trait you have, such as blue eyes or brown hair, and respond to the following:
- Is it a dominant or recessive genetic trait?
- Explain how you know whether this trait is dominant or recessive.
- Use what you have learned about dominant and recessive alleles to support your response.
- Provide a scenario that might cause a recessive trait to be beneficial or even more common than a dominant trait.
- How could this scenario affect the population that exhibits this genetic trait?
- Describe three uses of genetic engineering.
- Which of these three do you believe is most important? Why?
- How have recent legislative bodies and/or interest groups attempted to restrain or curtail certain applications of genetic engineering?
- What arguments do they make against the use of genetic engineering?
- Do you agree with any of these arguments? Why or why not?
QUESTIONSThe phenotypic trait I have is blue eyes.• Is it a dominant or recessive genetic trait? This is a recessive genetic trait.• Explain how you know whether this trait is dominant or…