Health Services Finance Week 3 Discussion Questions (6)
Experts only! Scholarly responses are required.
*Please answer each question individually and accurately. Must cite any and all references in APA format.
Label each solution with the corresponding question. Copy and pasted solutions will NOT be accepted.
Minimum 2-3 quality paragraphs per question
Part A: Cost Categories
1. Discuss the four types of costs that might be relevant when considering alternative projects.
2. Describe and explain the difference between fixed costs and variable costs?
3. Describe the difference between controllable and noncontrollable costs. Give an example of
controllable and noncontrollable costs.
Part B: Cost Information
1. Describe how cost information relates to the three key activities of management: planning, budgeting,
2. What are some of the existing needs for cost information in health care firms?
3. As the new administrator for a hospital, explain in detail to your staff and board of directors the three
main phases of the costing process.