I’m trying to learn for my Health & Medical class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
Please all questions must be answered
Discussion Prompt 1: Please go to the following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website: http://www.cdc.gov/DataStatistics/. On the top of the website, you will see a section titled “Data & Statistics by Topic.” In that section, please select the topic that is related to your final project (select another topic only if you cannot find anything related to your final project). For your chosen topic, find data reported by state and answer the following questions:
- Which state or states appear to have the highest and lowest rates of the outcome you were looking at? Provide a few numbers to explain the magnitude of the public health problem.
- Based on #1, what policies or practices do you think should be implemented to lower the public health problem in the state(s) that have the highest rates? Hint: You can base your answer on reputable websites that discuss current interventions in that given state.
Discussion Prompt 2: Imagine you are an evaluation consultant for a public health organization. The organization wants you to conduct a study to identify risk factors for a specific disease outcome in the community it serves. The organization wants you to conduct the study on a very tight budget, which will limit the number of participants you can include in your study. What would you say to the executive board of the organization to effectively convince the members that you need more money to conduct a larger study?
- Discussion Prompt 3:Choose two (2) healthcare associations that interest you and to which you could present your research topic for this class.
- Describe the research that is presented at the annual conferences for the two associations you chose. Which formats do the presentations take (verbal presentations, panel discussions, or poster presentations)?
- Would these conferences be good venues for you to present your final research project?
- Respond to at least two of your classmates’ or instructor’s posts. Which of the two associations/conferences your classmate posted do you believe would be the best venue for the chosen research project? Why?