This is a paper that is focusing on the student to discuss the Environment that would rank highest in their influence on the corporation. The paper also provides additional information to use in the writing of this assignment paper well.
Environment that would rank highest in their influence on the corporation
Assignment 2: External and Internal Environments on Microsoft Corporation
External and Internal Environments
In this assignment, you are to use the same corporation (Microsoft Corporation) from the Strategic Management and also Strategic Competitiveness assignment.
Using the corporation, examine the industry in which the entity operates. Use any or all of the following resources to conduct research on the company:
Public filings from the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Filings & Forms page.
Other miscellaneous sources. Note: the company’s annual report will often provide insights that other resources may not include.
Use the External and Internal Environments Template [DOC] to ensure that your assignment meets the requirements.
Write a 4–6 page paper in which you do the following:
Firstly, choose the two segments of the general environment that would rank highest in their influence on the corporation you chose.
Secondly, assess how these segments affect the corporation you chose and the industry in which it operates.
Thirdly, considering the five forces of competition, choose the two that you estimate are the most significant for the corporation you chose.
Fourthly, evaluate how well the company has addressed these two forces in the recent past.
With the same two forces in mind, predict what the company might do to improve its ability to address these forces in the near future.
Additionally, assess the external threats affecting this corporation and the opportunities available to the corporation.
Give your opinions on how the corporation should deal with the most serious threat and also the greatest opportunity. Justify your answer.
Give your opinion on the corporation’s greatest strengths and most significant weaknesses.
Choose the strategy or tactic the corporation should select to take maximum advantage of its strengths, and also the strategy or tactic the corporation should select to fix its most significant weakness. Justify your choices.
Lastly, determine the company’s resources, capabilities, and core competencies.
three quality references. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is as follows:
Analyze the effects of the general environment, competition, threats, opportunities, strengths, and also weaknesses relative to a corporation.
External and Internal Environments on Microsoft Corporation
· firstly, Mohammad Ali Abdolvand. 2012. The Study of Strategic Industrial Planning for Using Model SWOT. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/268351149_The_Study_of_Strategic_Industrial_Planning_for_Using_Model_SWOT
· Secondly, Omri Morag. 2010. Business at the Speed of Light – The Role of Time and Speed on Business Strategy. https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/c780/159fee2342afd90ef3d608fa203f14dad54f.pdf
· Thirdly, C. Parke. 2012. Preparation Meets Strategic Planning: Organizations Without a Vision for the Future Won’t Get There. https://doi.org/10.1108/sd.2012.05628gaa.004
· Fourthly, Mehrdad Rezvani. 2011. Strategic Planning: A Tool for Managing Organizations in Competitive Environments. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/287728496_Strategic_planning_A_tool_for_managing_organizations_in_competitive_environments
· Wan Fadzilah Wan Yusoff. 2011. Knowledge Management Strategy and also Design: The Role of Corporate Culture.
· Jin Zhouying. 2011. Sustainable Development and Long-Term Strategic Management. https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/Sustainable-Development-and-Long-Term-Strategic-Jin-Bai/3fe03a3bea333a980ef4cf0a37951b0234725b9b