I’m trying to study for my Writing course and I need some help to understand this question.
- Identify one or two topics, issues or problems at the center of Danticat’s novel
- Using Google or one of the CCC Library databases, locate one popular source (article, video or image) on the topic(s) you’ve identified.
- Using one of the CCC Library databases, locate one peer-reviewed article on the topic(s) you’ve identified.
- Review the strategies suggested in the (optional text) on pp. 102-111 in Academic Research and Writing (especially, pp. 108-111)
- Review pp. 198-214 in Understanding Rhetoric (optional text)
- Write an essay based on your chosen article(s)
Writing the essay:
- Craft an essay (six-paragraph minimum) that summarizes the purpose, central claim and key evidence as well as analyzes the authors’ biases and assumptions; the effectiveness of the evidence, organization and conclusions; and, the intended audience of the articles you’ve chosen. Make sure to conclude the essay with a paragraph or two that states the impact of reading the articles on your understanding of the novel.
- The essay should include a minimum of two paraphrases and two quotes from the articles you’ve chosen.
- Provide a Works Cited entry for the article at the end of your post.