Explain the usual time it takes for ELL students to become fluent in English. Describe the distinguishing characteristics of the five stages ELL students’ progress through before achieving fluency.
Explain the usual time it takes for ELL students to become fluent in English
4 pages + well-structured + cited references
A. Develop a multimedia presentation (e.g., PowerPoint; see the note below for guidelines on clearly formatting slides/pages) to provide teachers with information about ELL students in which you do the following:
1. Firstly, explain the usual time it takes for ELL students to become fluent in English.
2. Secondly, describe the distinguishing characteristics of the five stages ELL students’ progress through before achieving fluency.
3. Thirdly, describe common barriers ELL students face regarding language development and academic success.
4. Fourthly, describe challenges ELL students may face with culture shock.
5. Further, describe additional challenges ELL students may face.
6. Additionally, describe the ELL specialist’s role in helping ELL students and their teachers succeed.
7. Describe 10 strategies teachers can use in adapting their instruction to meet the needs of ELL students.
8. Explain why ELL teachers should work with staff and other teachers to develop instructional schedules to provide ELL students access to challenging coursework in language and general education or content classrooms.
9. Describe how an ELL teacher can teach and plan collaboratively with general education or content teachers.
B. Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
C. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.
If necessary I can provide the login information for any of the websites.