Assignment Exercise 15–1: Budgeting
Select an organization: either from the Case Studies in Chapters 27–28 or from one of the Mini-Case Studies in Chapters 29–31.
- Using the organization selected, create a budget for the next fiscal year. Set out the details of all assumptions you needed in order to build this budget.
- Use the “Checklist for Building a Budget” (Exhibit 15–2) and critique your own budget.
Assignment Exercise 15–2: Budgeting
Find an existing budget from a published source. Detail should be extensive enough to present a challenge.
- Using the existing budget, create a new budget for the next fiscal year. Set out the details of all the assumptions you needed in order to build this budget.
- Use the “Checklist for Building a Budget” (Exhibit 15–2) and critique your own effort.
- Use the “Checklist for Reviewing a Budget” (Exhibit 15–3) and critique the existing budget.
Assignment Exercise 15–3: Transactions Outside the Operating Budget
Review Figure 15–2 and the accompanying text.
Metropolis Health System (MHS) has received a wellness grant from the charitable arm of an area electronics company. The grant will run for 24 months, beginning at the first of the next fiscal year. Two therapists and two registered nurses will each be spending half of their time working on the wellness grant. All four individuals are full-time employees of MHS. The electronics company has only recently begun to operate the charitable organization that awarded the grant. While they have gained all the legal approvals necessary, they have not yet provided the manuals and instructions for grant transactions that MHS usually receives when grants are awarded. Consequently, guidance about separate accounting is not yet forthcoming from the grantor.
Assignment Exercise 15–4: Identified Versus Allocated Costs in Budgeting
- The function I chose from the organizational chart is Finance.
- Make up your own organization chart for other employee levels within the function you have chosen.
- Now make up another chart that indicates the operating budget costs you think would be mostly identifiable for the department or unit or division you have chosen and what other operating budget costs you think would be mostly allocated to it.
Assignment Exercise 16–1: Capital Expenditure Proposals
Ted Jones, the Surgery Unit Director, is about to choose his strategy for creating a capital expenditure funding proposal for the coming year. Ted’s unit needs more room. The Surgery Unit is running at over 90% capacity. In addition, a prominent cardiology surgeon on staff at the hospital wants to create a new cardiac surgery program that would require extensive funding for more space and for new state-of-the-art equipment. The surgeon has been campaigning with the hospital board members.https://nursingpaperspros.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/logo-nursing--300x60.png 0 0 Prince https://nursingpaperspros.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/logo-nursing--300x60.png Prince2021-01-31 07:51:542021-01-31 07:51:54HAS 525 Week 7 Homework 6 Ex 15-1, 15-2, 15-3, and 15-4, Ex16-1 NEW
© 2020 Nursingpaperspros.com