There are many factors influencing the increasing demand for long-term care services in the United States. Select two from the following list and discuss ways in which your two selected factors are affecting the market for long-term care services.
• Changes in the demographics of the U.S. population
• Social and economic changes in families
• Increasingly sophisticated medical technology
• Greater consumer sophistication and demands
• Increasing scrutiny of federal and state government financial involvement in support of long-term health care