HCIS 140 Week 1 Database Records and Relational Data Worksheet
Complete the Database Records and Relational Data Worksheet.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Database Records and Relational Data Worksheet
Cite any outside sources. For additional information on how to properly cite your sources check out the resource in the Center for Writing Excellence.
Part A: Database Records l
Answer the following patient information questions using the table provided. Refer to Figure 4-10 on p. 83 of Health Information Technology and Management for assistance.
- What patient resides in California? What is the patient number?
- Who is Sofia Yakaria Pallares’ provider? What credentials does her provider have?
- What patient was seen on 11/05/2010? What is the patient’s date of birth?
- What date and time did patient #1298 visit the doctor’s office? What is the patient’s name and date of birth?
- What patient lives at 1704 N. Atlantic Ave Ontario, AZ 85320? What is their encounter number?
Part B: Database Records ll
Write 150- to 350-word responses to each of the following questions. Be clear and concise, use complete sentences, and explain your answers using specific examples.
- What are the main components of a database?
- Based on Part A of this assignment, explain how relational data is used?
- Explain why the use of databases is important in healthcare
© 2020 Nursingpaperspros.com