Can you help me understand this English question?
Please watch the TED talk below and think about it in both meaning and as an argument. Also, I want you to think about word choice and the language we use as a strategy to connect with our audience when we write. Remember to be specific when answering the questions.
After watching the following TED Talk, please answer the following questions:
- How does language shape the way we think, according to the speaker?
- Who do you think her intended audience and purpose is for this talk?
- If you were to do a rhetorical analysis on, would you say she was successful in convincing her audience and getting her purpose across? Why or why not?
- What was your biggest takeaway or AHA moment from this Talk?
- Does watching this talk make you think differently about how you use language? Explain.
“How Language Shapes the Way We Think” | Lera Boroditsky
- Your initial response should be about 150-300 words per question.