Help me study for my Business class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
If you are currently employed, answer the first set of questions:
- Most employee benefits we receive from our employers are provided “tax free.” Why?
- What percent of Total Compensation does the average employer pay for benefit plans? What percent of payroll does your employer pays for your benefits?
- Has your employer taken any action to help employees have a greater appreciation for their Employee Benefits? If yes, what specifically has been done?
- Has your employer taken any action to help and encourage you to be a better health care consumer? If yes, what specifically have they done?
I work for Yale New Haven Health in Connecticut
- The mission of the Employee Benefit Research Institute (EBRI) is to contribute to, to encourage, and to enhance the development of sound employee benefit programs and sound public policy through objective research and education.
United States Department of Labor – https://www.bls.gov/bls/proghome.htm (BLS)
- The BLS publishes a large amount of information on the wages, earnings, and benefits of workers in the U.S. by geographic area, occupation and industry.
Deloitte Consulting, LLP. (2013). 2013 Top five global employer rewards priorities survey.
Harriet Komisar, H. (2013, January). The effects of rising health care costs on middle-class economic security. AARP Public Policy Institute.
Inc., Human Resources. (2010, April). How to build a competitive employee benefits package.
- The Inc. magazine on-line article identifies their version of “what constitutes a solid employee-benefits package, and how do you set up various benefits plans”?
Use the following resource to assist you with your response for Unit 6.1 DB: Perception of Value.
- Miller, S. (2013, April). Better benefits communications pays off. Society for Human Resources Management.
- This article provides, “tactics that could help employees understand—and value—their benefits”.
Watch Video Trends in 401(k) and Retirement Plans
YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aunwWgrn_w
|This video reports that the 2008 economic crisis may not have affected employer contributions to 401(k) plans despite what the media has reported. WorldatWork Practice Leader Lenny Sanicola discusses this and other 401(k) and retirement planning research.|
Watch Video Making Smart Benefit Choices
YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEWli66L104
Watch Video Communicating the Value of Employee Benefits