Select a current or proposed law (NOT DISCUSSED IN CLASS) that impacts the delivery of the human service field you have chosen for the ethical agency being developed and analyze it. DO NOT USE HIPAA or the Affordable Care Act as those are discussed in depth in class. This paper analyzes a current law that will impact the ethical agency being developed. This law should also be integrated into the final paper as one of the outside sources that impact the plans for the agency.
Ensure that the law is one that directly impacts the agency you are developing, however DO NOT DISCUSS THE AGENCY IN DEPTH. This assignment is to look at AN ACTUAL OR PROPOSED LAW (not a website that summarizes the law but the actual proposed bill or the law itself). Read the full bill/law details. Then look at all of the specific elements/criteria within the law and look at what the pros and cons are of the law, as detailed in the bullets below and the grading rubric below.
Write a 1,200 word minimum paper in APA format (Writing Style Handbook) that answers all of the following questions. Use the provided grading rubric as a guide in completing the paper:
• What is the law?
• What peer-reviewed UoP Library Database resources are available to learn about the implications of this law?
• What is the purpose or rationale of the law?
• How will the law affect day-to-day operations within the human service organization you are developing?
• What are the arguments for the law? Against the law?
• Reference/cite established opinions of the law.
• Present an evaluative decision about the impact the law has on the clients and the organization if the law is not followed. Ensure the clients and the organizations are addressed separately.
• Use logical inquiry and problem solving to arrive at a recommendation or an evaluative decision.
• Include at least two sources with one being peer-reviewed from UoP Library Databases to support your recommendation.
• Post your completed paper as an attachment.