Help me study for my Health & Medical class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
In your previous assignments, you used a general model of program planning to develop a comprehensive community-based health promotion program. In the Unit 9 Assignment, you will continue to practice your use of a general planning model to create a workplace wellness program.
Instructions: Choose a workplace within the community as the focus of your workplace wellness program. This could be your own workplace or another workplace with which you are familiar. This is a 2 part assignment in which you will create a written workplace wellness program plan and a brief oral presentation.
Part 1: Written Workplace Wellness Program Plan
Your Assignment should be approximately 3–5 pages in length, written in essay format and include appropriate supporting citations and references in APA format. Address the topics listed below. Bolded items will help guide your work in Part 2 of the assignment, the Oral Presentation.
- Discuss how the needs assessment process should be used to identify health and wellness needs in a workplace setting.
- Determine the appropriate health focus of the workplace wellness program (i.e., general wellness, stress management, diet and fitness, smoking cessation, etc.)
- Discuss the demographic composition of the workforce.
- Discuss the role of leadership in supporting, modeling, and championing workplace wellness efforts.
- Create a workplace health improvement plan that includes:
- A mission statement
- Measurable goals (at least 2) and objectives (at least 3) that align with overall business/organizational objectives
- A theory or model of health behavior to guide the program. Consider individual and organizational theories of change.
- Intervention activities (at least 3) that support the goals and objectives
- A discussion of how the intervention activities incorporate cultural competence and address diversity within the organization
- A discussion of budget line items and estimated total program cost
- Defined roles and responsibilities for key stakeholders
- An evaluation plan with at least 2 evaluation questions. You may present the evaluation plan in paragraph form or complete an evaluation matrix.
- A summarizing conclusion that describes a plan for program sustainability.
Part 2: Oral Presentation
You will create a narrated PowerPoint presentation of the “executive summary” of your workplace wellness program. The presentation must be recorded and submitted to the appropriate dropbox. The oral presentation should be approximately 3 minutes in length (no less than 2 minutes, no longer than 3 minutes). Watch this short tutorial to learn how to add audio to a ™PowerPoint Presentation. You can also find this same tutorial in the Course Documents folder.
Your ™PowerPoint presentation should be about 6 slides in length (no more than 8 slides, excluding the reference slide). Each slide (except the reference slide) should have a narrated component. It is strongly recommended that you use a pre-written script. For a 6 slide presentation, you will have about 30 seconds of narration on each slide. It is important not to exceed the allotted time because the file will become too large to easily upload.
The focus of the presentation is on the oral component, therefore, you should not include graphics or excessive text on the slides, however, you should strive for a professional appearance within the presentation. You can see a presentation template with general prompts in the Course Documents.
Address the following items in your presentation of the “executive summary” of your workplace wellness program.
- The name of your program and the workplace for which it was designed
- Relevant details about the workplace and employees
- Health and wellness needs for this workplace
- The intended program outcomes/the “business case” for the program
- The overall health strategy and primary intervention activities
- A discussion of how the program will be delivered in a culturally competent manner
Submitting your work:
You will have two different files to submit for this assignment: a word document and a ™PowerPoint presentation. Make sure that you save copies of your work. Submit the required Assignment files to the appropriate Dropbox.
View your graded work after your instructor has evaluated it.