Identify a particular jump from dance, sport, or activities in everyday life. Describe the entire action from preparation, takeoff, airborne flight, landing and follow through. Identify the rhythms of the jump from start to finish.
Identify a particular jump from dance, sport, or activities in everyday life
Biomechanics/Anatomy of the Jumps and Landing
Papers are individual research papers:
Statement of the problem
Review of the literature
Footnotes or Endnotes
Bibliography or Works Cited
3-4 pages doubled spaced text
Firstly, identify a particular jump from dance, sport, or activities in everyday life.
Secondly, describe the entire action from preparation, takeoff, airborne flight, landing and follow through.
Thirdly, identify the rhythms of the jump from start to finish.
Fourthly, analyze the joint actions, forces (loading), body linkage, and body synthesis.
Further, when is the position used in class and in choreography?
Additionally, show examples of the jump in action.
Also, discuss common errors relating to the position.
Collaborative group presentation
May be in Power Point Format
Teach the class the movement
Dance – health benefits
There are many forms of dance, from ballroom to barn dancing and disco to Morris dancing. Dance has always been a part of human culture, rituals and celebrations. Today, most dancing is about recreation and self-expression, although it can also be done as a competitive activity. Dancing is an enjoyable way to be more physically active and stay fit.
Health benefits of dancing
Dancing can be a way to stay fit for people of all ages, shapes and sizes. It has a wide range of physical and mental benefits including:
- Firstly, improved condition of your heart and lungs
- Secondly,increased muscular strength, endurance and motor fitness
- Thirdly, increased aerobic fitness
- Fourthly, improved muscle tone and strength
- Further, weight management
- Also, stronger bones and reduced risk of osteoporosis
- Additionally, better coordination, agility and flexibility
- improved balance and spatial awareness
- increased physical confidence
- improved mental functioning
- improved general and psychological wellbeing
- greater self-confidence and self-esteem
- better social skills.