. Explain how Hershey and Chase used bacteriophages to conclusivelydemonstrate that DNA was the molecule responsible for transferringgenetic information from generation to generation.
2. Describe the structure of DNA. Name three enzymes that are requiredfor DNA replication and describe the responsibilities each one has in thereplication process.
3. Identify all of the individuals that played a role in the discovery of thestructure of DNA and discuss their individual contributions.
4. What is the relationship between genes and chromosomes?
5. Suppose you have a way to measure the amount of DNA in a single cellduring the cell cycle. You first measure the amount at the G1 phase. Atwhat points during the rest of the cell cycle would you predict changesin the amount of DNA per cell? Explain each of your predictions.
6. You will go to an online quiz and view the images. You should identifythe stage of mitosis for each of the images. Submit your answers from the quiz along with this assignment. You don’t need to electronicallyattach the quiz; just type in the answers you submitted when you took the quiz.
7. You will go to an online quiz and answer questions about meiosis.Submit your answers from the quiz along with this assignment. Again,you don’t need to attach the quiz. Simply type the answers yousubmitted when you took the quiz into your assignment.
8. What is cancer and what is its relationship to the cell cycle?
9. Identify the two mechanisms that generate genetic variability duringmeiosis and discuss how each contributes to that variability. When,specifically, does each of these occur?
10. Why is the object of mitosis to create a virtual clone of the parent cell,while the goal of meiosis is to make a cell that is unique and haploid?