Psychiatry Assignment Question:
– In 100-200 words, briefly outline key features of the history of a patient you have seen and cared for (ideally reviewed progress on at least 3-4 occasions).
– Choose a patient where there has been an emotional impact on yourself or other team members you are working with, as you will use this case to illustrate the concept of transference.
– In 1000- 1500 words, Discuss the various transference interactions you have noted between the range of clinicians involved in the care of this patient.
– Thirdly in 500-800 words, reflect upon the impact of the transference interactions upon the team, and upon patient care. Outline strategies that yourself or the team used or could have used to continue to provide best practice care in the context of the described transference.
– Though the assignment can be broken into sections; prose form is required including for the key features of the case. You are encouraged to reflect on your own emotional reaction to the situation, and consider how this relates to what you have learned about the psychological management of patients in the acute setting. Use of the first person in discussion is acceptable.
-Assignments need to meet de-identification requirements.
De-identification and Confidentiality
Data which has been de-identified must be indicated by an asterisk the first time it appears in the text. Where individually relevant, the country of origin and occupation of the patient must also be modified, that is, where circumstances are so unique or unusual as to allow easy identification.