I’m studying and need help with a Management question to help me learn.
Review AirAsia: The World’s Lowest Cost Airline (click the link to read it) and discuss the concept of cost advantage.
Also, Review the “Harley-Davidson Inc., 2018”, Case 7 in your textbook (page 442) and discuss the concept of differentiation advantage.
A case study is a puzzle to be solved, so before reading and answering the specific questions, develop your proposed solution by following these five steps:
– Read the case study to identify the key issues and underlying issues. These issues are the principles and concepts of the course area which apply to the situation described in the case study.
– Record the facts from the case study which are relevant to the principles and concepts of the course area issues. The case may have extraneous information not relevant to the current course area. Your ability to differentiate between relevant and irrelevant information is an important aspect of case analysis, as it will inform the focus of your answers.
– Describe in some detail the actions that would address or correct the situation.
– Consider how you would support your solution with examples from experience or current real-life examples or cases from textbooks.
– Complete this initial analysis and then read the discussion questions. Typically, you will already have the answers to the questions but with a broader consideration. At this point, you can add the details and/or analytical tools required to solve the case.
Case Study Question:
1- Discuss how AirAsia achieves a cost advantage
2- how Harley-Davidson achieves a differentiation advantage.
3- Provide an in-depth analysis for both companies as to how they achieve their advantages.
Write 2-3 pages and embed course material concepts, principles, and theories. Use at least two scholarly peer-reviewed references in support of your answer (with supporting in-text citations). Use Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines, citing references as appropriate.