Please answer the questions for stations 2 and 3, showing all work.
Station Two: Measurement of Surface Tension
1. Calculate the force constant of the spring used in the spring balance. Report the value with units of dynes per centimeter.
2. Calculate the surface tension, γ, of water for each of your measurements and compute the mean value. Use propagation of errors to calculate the uncertainty in your measurement, δ γ, or report your measured value along with a 95% confidence interval.
3. Compare the value you measured to the standard value. You will need to use the internet for this step.
Station Three: Comparison of Surface Tensions:
1. Use your data to compute the ratio of surface tensions, (Gamma,A / Gamma,W)
2. Compare your ratio to an ideal ratio of values using the internet.
- Attachment 1
- Attachment 2
- Attachment 3
- Attachment 4
- Attachment 5
- Attachment 6
- Attachment 7
- Attachment 8
- Attachment 9