I’m trying to study for my Writing course and I need some help to understand this question.
During this course, you conducted a five-section policy analysis related to social welfare. You have completed your project incrementally throughout the course. Each week, you completed one section of the analysis and submitted a piece of the whole so you could receive feedback from your instructor and improve your work before your final submission, due in this assignment.
As a social worker, you will be expected to demonstrate character, leadership, and scholarship in the arena of policy and its use in clinical practice.
- Character is the product of constant action, striving daily to make the right choices. Through your work of advocacy toward policy reform, you are demonstrating such qualities as responsibility, fairness, and caring, and proving by example that you value character.
- Scholarship means a commitment to learning. Applying diligence and effort toward learning about policy and advocacy as a social worker can impact your practice positively as a professional.
- Leadership at your agency means having a positive influence on your colleagues. In taking the initiative to learn about and advocate for policy reform, you can encourage others to attain the same objective, thus positively affecting your clients and your work toward social justice.
Upon successful completion of this assignment, you will be able to:
- Identify social policies at the local, state, and federal levels that impact well-being, service delivery, and access to social services. (PO 5)
- Assess how social welfare and economic policies impact the delivery of and access to social services. (PO 5)
- Analyze policies with regard to advancement of human rights and social, economic, and environmental justice. (PO 5, ILO 5)
- Demonstrate character, scholarship, and leadership in becoming a world changer through application to personal life and professional social work practice.
- Demonstrate Christ-like attitudes, values, worldviews, and ethical and professional behavior within advanced clinical practice. (ILO 1)
- File: Final Project.pdf (in the Shared Documentsr)
- File: APA 6e Guide.pdf
- File: APA Template for Assignments.docx
In this assignment, you will write:
- Policy Analysis—Final Project
You will need to submit your final project with all five sections clearly labeled.
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Review the Final Project file for a description of the section you will write for this assignment.
- Review the IWU APA 6e Guide on how to cite sources properly.
- Complete your final policy analysis using the APA Template for Assignments.docx file. Your paper should be eight pages long (not including title and reference page).
- Apply relevant instructor feedback you received throughout the course to Sections 1–5 of your policy analysis.
- Copy the revised Sections 1–5 into your template document, clearly labeling each section.
- Section 1: Social Welfare Issue/Policy Selection (two pages)
- Section 2: Historical Review (two pages)
- Section 3: Target Population (one page)
- Section 4: Implementation Realities—Primary and Secondary Sources (two pages)
- Section 5: Recommendations (one page)
- One eight-page document (not including title and reference page) that includes Sections 1–5. Each section should be clearly labeled.
- Before finalizing your work, ensure that you:
- 12-point, double-spaced Times New Roman font
- One-inch margins on all sides
- Normal character spacing
- In-text citations
- Title page and reference page
- Properly formatted headings
- Read the assignment instructions carefully.
- Use the spelling and grammar check.
- Review APA formatting and citation.
- Use APA format for organization, style, and source credits.
- Review the rubric that your instructor will use to evaluate your work. Self-assess your assignment using the rubric and make improvements as needed to meet expectations and ensure that your work fulfills all the requirements