I’m stuck on a Business question and need an explanation.
A critical part of improving organizational performance is creating and prioritizing performance goals that the organization plans to achieve and then developing measures or key performance indicators (KPIs) that can be used to determine progress toward these goals.
In this assignment you will have to transform general performance goals provided to you by the instructor into ranked SMART goals for the organization. Also, you will have to develop at least one key performance indicator (KPI) for each SMART goal and explain how it could be implemented. You also must explain the importance of the goals and KPIs for improving performance at the organization.
Your professor will provide you with 3 generic goals by the beginning of Week 3. These will be posted in the Week 3 Class Communication. In this assingment you will turn these into into SMART goals with key performance indicators that can be used to track progress toward the goals.
1) Improve customer satisfaction
2) Reduce wait time
3) Make the licensing process simpler and easier
- Complete your required reading.
- Read the rubric.
- Using the generic goals provided by your professor, write 3 SMART goals. Adhere to the guidelines provided in your required reading for how to write SMART goals.
- Evaluate and rank the 3 SMART goals you have written from 1 (most important) to 3 (least important). In explaining your rankings, discuss each goal’s:
- Potential for significantly proving performance at the organization
- Effectiveness at measuring important outcomes or results the organization is trying to achieve
- Impact on external customers and stakeholders
- Alignment with the purpose(s) of the organization
- Define at least one Key Performance Indicator (KPI) for each your three goals.
- Write a 3-4 page document that includes:
- 3 SMART goals and their ranking
- An explanation of your ranking
- 3 KPIs (one for each SMART goal) with a brief description of what would have to be done to track these indicators (e.g. what data would have to be collected and how)
- An explanation of how will these goals and KPIs help to address the performance problem(s) of the organization?
- Submit your document to Turnitin. Review the originality report you receive from turnitin.com. If your report states that more than 24% of your document is not original thought, rework your paper so that it is written in your own words. Make any other revisions necessary based on the originality report (e.g., include citations).
- Review the rubric to ensure you have met and/or exceeded the requirements for this assignment. Copy and paste the rubric into the last page of your document.
- Olsen, E. (2009, December 16). How to develop key performance indicators (KPIs).
- MIT Human Resources. (n.d.) SMART goals defined. Performance Development
- Miller, K. (2009). We don’t make widgets video gallery.
- Highly satisfying meatloaf
- Customer satifaction in government: Why bother?
- BSC (2012, December 2). Best practice tips for creating key performance indicators.
- Olsen, E. (2008, October 17). How to set SMART goals.