Question:HES3750 Management Skills for the New Healthcare Supervisor
Week 3 Review Questions (Chapter 8-11)
1. In some few organizations, middle management or a personnel department hires employees and simply hands them to the supervisors. What is your opinion of this practice? Why do you feel this way?
2. Write one brief statement that summarizes everything you are not allowed to request on an employment application.
3. A non-question question often used to begin an interview is “Tell me all about yourself.” Is this a reasonable request? Why or why not?
4. Would it be a good idea to have job applicants submit a photograph with the application or résumé’? Why or why not?”
5. When interviewing, why is it important to try to fill in the gaps in a candidate’s employment history?
6. Describe how you might try to avoid “informational overload” during a new employee’s first few days.
7. Why do we need to offer a relatively formal orientation complete with checklists of items to cover?
8. Why is shared authority important to proper team functioning?
9. Fully explain why some conflict is essential to effective team problem-solving.
10. What are two significant disadvantages of team action? How can these disadvantages be surmounted?