I don’t understand this English question and need help to study.
Research Essay– Mental Health
- Unit Objectives:
1) Conduct basic, ethical research, obtaining five (5) credible sources about a topic of choice, either informative or argumentative in nature.2) Read and critically analyze a variety of texts. 3) Write reflectively and analytically about your topic in a research-based essay.
4) Format the research-based essay and document the required sources appropriately using MLA format for both in-text citations and Works Cited.
- WRITE a research-based essay that includes a Works Cited page as the last page of the document. FORMAT your essay following basic MLA guidelines.
- Topic: Any topic of your choice. You may choose your own topic and your paper can be informative or argumentative in nature. You may write about current events, controversial ideas, religion, or something literary in nature.
- Length: 500-words minimum
- Source Requirements: 5 scholarly journal articles and/or books, web articles, websites, etc.
- Format: electronic submission to Moodle; written in MLA format (Times New Roman; 12 pt font, and other specifics); Works Cited page (not included in 500-word minimum)
- Papers that do NOT meet the minimum research requirements will be scored at a 30% or 50%, (F), recorded and returned for revisions.
- The ‘fatal errors’ that would result in these low scores include the following:
- a) All five sources must be integrated into the content of the essay itself.
- b) Parenthetical (in-text) citations must be included in the essay for each of the five sources.c) A works cited page must be included with the essay.
- In the world we live in now, I feel that Mental Health illness is a good topic for this research essay.. I will post below this an Idea of what I am looking for in this paper
- –THIS iS What I am looking for in this research paper– Thank You!!! The WHO defines a healthy person as the one who lacks both mental and physical illnesses. Mental health is closely connected to the psychological side of people’s lives. In many cases, mentally ill people can experience rapid behavioral and/or mood changes that often lead to difficulties in their communication, work and everyday life. With its fast pace and challenges, today’s life causes various mental disorders including stress, depression, anxiety, abuse, and traumatic experiences. Unfortunately, due to widespread social stigmas many cases of mental disorders remain undiagnosed.Mental health is a complex subject, and research essays on it make the studying process more effective, as they let students investigate different types of mental disorders and their influence on people’s health. Besides, such papers help to raise awareness and educate society about mental health issues, their causes, symptoms, possible risks, and the ways to help people suffering from them..