I’m trying to learn for my Sociology class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
Term Paper Prompt
Posted on: Friday, February 21, 2020 10:57:31 PM PST
3-5 pages, double-spaced, 1-inch margins, 12-point font. Title page with your name, date, class and assignment title (Paper #1 is fine). The title page and the works cited page DO NOT count toward the page total. MLA format. If you are struggling with how to format information, I recommend Purdue University’s OWL (Online Writing Lab) for help.
Sources and Works Cited Page: You must use at least three theories from chapter 13. You are also expected to cite at least one outside source. The outside source must be from peer reviewed, scholarly journals. This means you will have a total of at least two sources on your works cited page (your book, one outside source).
- Follow the formatting guidelines closely
- Minimum 3-5 COMPLETE pages. Less than 3 complete pages will be penalized.
- Include a title page. You will be docked points if you forget to include it. The information on the title page should not be included at the top of your first content page.
- Number your pages. The title page should not be numbered.
- Please review and proofread your papers. There are a large number of students, so your TAs are being instructed to stop reading your paper after the 5th obvious mistake and give you a grade.
- Do not over summarize general concepts to take up space. You do not have the space. If done correctly, you should require a minimum of all 3-5 pages to finish your response.
- You do not receive any style points. Jump straight into the topic and begin the response.
- The goal of the paper is to prove you can critically analyze the material.
Your task: (topic)
Discuss three policies your text discusses that can help reduce criminality according to the theories in chapter 13.
Your paper is due in-class, hard-copy on Friday, 3/6 – NO EXCEPTIONS. If you believe you are going to be absent that day, I would suggest finding a classmate willing to turn it in for you.