I’m studying for my Communications class and need an explanation.
Follow the summary information and the article provided earlier to write a speech paper and PowerPoint
Informative Speech Outline
A. Attention getter:
1. Startling statistic or fact
5. References to historical event, recent event or occasion
6. Rhetorical question
7. Audience participation
8. Visual aids
B. Rapport: Create a common bond
1. Quote a credible source
2. Establish yourself as a credible source
1. Thesis: state the purpose of the speech
2. Preview: give an overview of the content of the speech
A. Main point
1. Subpoint 1
2. Subpoint 2
a. Support for Subpoint 2
b. Support for Subpoint 2
Transition: Statement that smoothly moves you from main point to main point.
B. Main point
Note: Tailor the body of your speech to your specifications. The body may have as many points and subpoints as you deem necessary.
A. Cue: Statement designed to let the audience know that you’re concluding
B. Review: Restate the major points of the speech
C. Memorable closing:
1. Statement, quotation or saying (humorous)
2. Statement referring to point(s) made earlier in the speech
Note: The conclusion should provide a sense of closure.