Select one of the following as the focus for the teaching plan:
- Bioterrorism/Disaster –disaster preparedness, signs/symptoms of common biological agents
- Environmental Issues (earthquakes, flooding, sun exposure/heat stroke
Complete the “Community Teaching Work Plan Proposal.” This will help you organize your plan and create an outline for the written assignment.
- After completing the teaching proposal, review the teaching plan with a community health and public health provider in your local community.
- Request feedback (strengths and opportunities for improvement) from the provider.
- Complete the “Community Teaching Experience” form.
Note: This is an individual assignment. Prepare a presentation to accompany the teaching plan and present the information to your community. Select one of the following options for delivery of the presentation:
- PowerPoint presentation – no more than 30 minutes 10-12 slides
- Pamphlet presentation – 1 to 2 pages
- Poster presentation
Target audience is age rance 20-30 new graduate nurses and their families:
- University/School health center
include the “Community Teaching Experience Form” as part of your assignment submission.
APA format is required for essays only. Solid academic writing is always expected. For all assignment delivery options, documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.