1.The fly ash waste produced by the electric power plant in the industrial ecosystem in Kalundborg, Denmark is used by
- area homes.
- cement manufacturers.
- fish farms.
- pharmaceutical plants.
- is accepted as the best method of dealing with hazardous wastes.
- is currently in widespread use in large urban areas.
- results in the production of high-level hazardous wastes.
- involves using natural or genetically engineered plants to absorb pollutants from soil and water.
- involves a faster and more efficient approach to waste management
3.Which of the following business activities represents a service-flow business?
- selling electric bicycles
- selling gasoline
- extracting natural gas
- leasing and servicing copy machines
4.Several “earth” philosophers feel that emotional rootedness comes from developing a(n)
- lack of material wants.
- alternate reality.
- sense of place.
- bond with animals.
5.The system of most restricted public lands, where no roads can be built but recreation is allowed, is called the
- National Parks system.
- National Resource Lands system.
- National Forests system.
- Wildlife Refuges system.
- National Wilderness Preservation Lands system.