Unit 4 Assignment: Pathogenicity and Virulence
Unit outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
- Discuss major virulence factors of microorganisms
- Discuss the mechanisms of manifestations of infection
- Describes public health impact on prevention and treatment
Course outcome practiced with this Assignment:
HS320-5: Analyze the role of microbes in human disease and public health.
PC- 2.2: Formulate innovative solutions for identified initiatives.
- Write an essay comparing both pathogenicity and virulence among microorganisms. Provide examples.
- Show how microorganisms vary in both their pathogenicity and virulence using the opportunistic infections as examples.
- Show how these characteristics influence the prevention and treatment for public health.
- Formulate at least two innovative solutions for reducing the spread of infection in personal life and in public.