Week 4 Exercise (15 Points)
1. What is the process in which an AP accepts a station into the WLAN?
2. What type of frames are used to set up the initial communications between a
device and the access point?
3. What term(s) describes a specific unit of data that has been passed down from a
higher OSI layer to a lower layer, but has not yet been encapsulated by that
4. What is the name of the regularly transmitted messages sent from APs to
announce their presence?
5. What does Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS) use?