I need an explanation for this Health & Medical question to help me study.
Discussion Prompt 1: Some people prefer seeing data results in graphs, and others prefer seeing data in tables. Which do you prefer and why?
Discussion Prompt 2: Complete the Media Report Graph Game (all three options: Junk food, Music, Cost of petrol) located in the Week 6 Supplemental Resources. You can also access the game at: https://www3.stats.govt.nz/games/Media-report-1/index.html. Once completed:
- Discuss what you have learned about the perception of graphs and tables in the media, and how it can be manipulated.
- Find an example of a graph in the media that you think is skewed to achieve a particular spin on the subject being reported.
- Provide the link to the example you found.
- Explain why the example is not accurate, and what can be done to “fix” it.
Discussion Prompt 3:Why do you think so many hospital/healthcare administrators have difficulty understanding statistical methods used in healthcare research?
- Respond to at least two of your classmates’ or instructor’s posts. Provide examples of concepts (such as a confidence interval) and practical skills you have learned that could be used to explain the information to healthcare leaders who might not have an MHA or training in healthcare research.