I’m stuck on a Academic question and need an explanation.
Prior to completing this journal, read Chapter 6: Personality and Abnormal Psychology in the course textbook, and review the information on The Prevalence and Treatment of Mental Illness Today (Links to an external site.), Mental Health by the Numbers (Links to an external site.), and Careers: Psychologist. A Day in the Life of a Psychologist (Links to an external site.) web pages. The readings discuss numerous aspects of what you have learned about throughout your Ashford psychology program courses.
For this reflection,
- First, utilizing a career search engine, identify potential psychology-related careers that may be available to you in the community where you live.
- Indeed (Links to an external site.)
- Glassdoor (Links to an external site.)
- Monster (Links to an external site.)
- Ziprecruiter (Links to an external site.)
- Next, discuss at least two key pieces of psychological knowledge associated with personality and abnormal psychology that could be helpful to you in your future career, or even in your role as a parent or community leader.
- For example, if you are looking to attend graduate school to become a counselor, identify areas that you may want to include in your as knowledge and skills on your resume.
- If you are going to be pursuing a career in an organization, how might understanding personality types support your success? How could this be clearly demonstrated in your cover letter or resume?
- If you are a parent or community leader, what aspects could support your decision making in these contexts?
- There are numerous possibilities about what developed knowledge and skills you believe will support you the most and will be guided by your goals, and even perhaps your goal steps addressed in your Week 2 Journal.
Your journal this week should be 400 to 500 words and have an introduction and a conclusion as described in the Ashford University Writing Center’s resource Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.). In other words, demonstrate your understanding of the importance of professional and ethical writing standards.
You should also exhibit obvious attention to critical thought and understanding of the content, as demonstrated in Samantha Agoos’s TED-Ed Animation, 5 Tips to Improve Your Critical Thinking (Links to an external site.).
As this is your personal reflection about the material this week, your journal should limit the use of quoted material. Proper grammar should be applied.
Harvard Health Publishing. (2014, March). The prevalence and treatment of mental illness today (Links to an external site.). Retrieved from https://www.health.harvard.edu/mind-and-mood/the-p…
- The Week 3 Journal will help you to reflect on psychology-aligned professional careers. This web page will help to support this understanding associated with working with mental illness.
National Alliance on Mental Illness. (n.d.). Mental health by the numbers (Links to an external site.). Retrieved from https://www.nami.org/Learn-More/Mental-Health-By-t…
- The Week 3 Journal will help you to reflect on psychology-aligned professional careers. This web page will help to support this understanding associated with working in the field of mental health.
The Princeton Review. (n.d.). Careers: Psychologist. A day in the life of a psychologist (Links to an external site.). Retrieved from https://www.princetonreview.com/careers/130/psycho…
- This web page clearly outlines what it takes to become a licensed psychologist and may help you to more clearly identify the steps you will need to consider to meet your future goals. In addition this website will help you to better reflect on the content in the Week 3 Journal.