I’m trying to study for my Nursing course and I need some help to understand this question.
Select a weight loss program or product. It can be either over-the-counter or prescription. Research this product and describe your results as your response to this discussion. In your response, include the following information in a numbered list:
- The name of the product or program.
- What is the cost of the product?
- Is there a brochure, pamphlet, or any written instructions with the product?
- What is the recommended intake or dosage? Is there a ‘prescribed course’ for taking this product?
- List the first 4 ingredients and the amounts shown on the product label.
- What is the product “claim” or “promise?”
- What precautions, contraindications, or warnings are stated on the product?
- List the exercise guidelines/recommendations that are presented with the product.
- List the nutrition guidelines/recommendations that are presented with the product.
- Do you know anyone who took this product? What was their experience?
- Is there anything unusual about this product?
- Would you recommend this product/program? Why or why not?
Please write your post in the numbered format as above. Answer questions in complete sentences.
In a discussion such as this one, it is absolutely critical to show your sources of information. Make sure to properly format your discussion post with respect to in-text citations and the reference list.
A few suggestions:
- Read Chapter 15 in your textbook first.
- In your answer to #2, make sure you find cost per dosage (or/and the course).
- Do some research and describe how this product is thought to work. What is the active ingredient? (In case the first 4 are fillers.)
- In your answer to #7, give a summary. Do not simply copy all the text from the package insert.
- Be specific in your answer to #10. If you don’t know anybody, look for user reviews and give us some idea.
- Make sure to do some research before answering #11 and #12. Look online for reported adverse effects.